Monday 24 June 2013

Beauty: Some favorites

 collective photo of all the products I am going to talk about. Not the best quality, sorry! All photos are taken on my Iphone.





This Laura Mercier hand cream is a present I got from my mum last winter while I was at my cottage at a "girls getaway" that lasted almost a month (the getaway...not the cream.) I believe it's a pistachio cream, but I am not sure as the entire packaging is in french and dude... I can't read french. The scent is something really different and not like any other I have ever smelt. So as soon as I crack this baby open the smell brings back all the memories of the girls getaway and it's a really good feeling.
 This toner is one of my favorites of all time. It was the only one in the drugstore that didn't have any alcohol. It's very gentle and certainly something I have been reaching for a lot as of late.
 I have an obsession with chapstick. I need one with me at all times. I have been reaching for this one a lot recently. I think this is pretty easy to find. Good ol' cherry chapstick never disappoints. I believe I picked this up in the US during my road trip last summer.
 This is a product that I got for free from an event that Elle Magazine hosted a few months ago. John Frieda's Luxurious volume. "Fine to full blowout spray". I love spraying this in my hair after a shower. It smells amazing too!
 This is an ABSOLUTE must have for me. I am in beauty school (currently on break for summer). But while I was in class we had to take our makeup on and off constantly throughout the day as we were using each other as models. I ended up getting a rash under my eye from the remover I was using. My school sells Makeup Forever products in the school store so I bought it on a recommendation from my teacher. It's a little expensive, but completely worth the price. I haven't broken out, had teary eyes or anything while using this. It's so gentle and perfect for my sensitive skin and eyes!
Mac's "all that glitters" eyeshadow. I bought this for a job. I was hired to do someone's prom makeup and needed a nice gold. I have been using this a lot on myself as I have been going through a boho faze and it went perfectly with my outfits and what have you that I have been wearing recently.
 The urban decay NAKED basics palette. This has been pretty perfect for when I am on the go. It's so small it fits perfectly in my purse so I can do my makeup in the car.
 A shot of the palette open. The colors are (from left to right) : Venus, Foxy, w.o.s, naked2, faint, crave.
 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. I love these things. They make your lips glossy but also give a surprising amount of color. They have a Mint scent/taste and I can't recommend it enough! pictured is the color 015 "cherish devotion". Which is a purple-y light pink ( that's very bright in my opinion).
And for a nail polish, I chose Revlon's 510 "sassy" a bright green. It was hard to choose just one nail color as I have been obsessing over nails recently, but I decided on this one because it's something I never would have thought i'd like. It really surprised me and made me go out of my comfort zone with something I normally would have never chosen or worn at all.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day and I will be back with something new when inspiration strikes!

-Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment