Sunday 29 November 2015

Stila eyeshadow haul/first impressions


Hello everybody!
Today I picked up 2 new Stila eyeshadows (at Marshall's for a fraction of the price.) And thought it was a perfect time to make a haul/first impressions for you!

Stila 'Black Diamond'

So I've owned the first Stila eyeshadow in 'Black Diamond' for a few years. But when I got it (as a christmas present) it was already smashed. I think their eyeshadows are really soft so them getting smashed it really easy. It's a black shadow with silver sparkles that I have barely used (sorry!). Whenever I open it, product just gets everywhere and I have other black shadows I reach for more often. With that being said it's a really beautiful shadow that swatches easily and is opaque after one swipe.


Stila 'Dahlia'

Yesterday I picked up 2 new single eyeshadows. One shadow in 'Dahlia' that's a dark matte purple. The formula (as I said) really soft but chalky. I had to pack on product a few times to get an opaque swatch. The colour is a really dark purple that could read as a dark brown/black from far away. That makes it easier to use as it's not such a bright obvious colour.


Stila 'Pigalle'

The next colour I picked up was 'Pigalle' a rusty oxblood colour with a sheen. This was the colour I was most excited about. I wish it was matte though! I've been seeing a lot of colour washes/smokey eyes using just an oxblood shadow and I LOVE the look. I think I could still try it with this even though it has the sheen finish. Even still this will be a really great colour for many different looks and i'm excited to add it to my collection. This shadow seems more pigmented than 'Dahlia', having less needed to be packed on for the swatch. Even though I always lean towards matte eyeshadows, i'm more excited for 'Pigalle'. I like the consistency of it, it seems less chalky and applies more smoothly and opaque.



What do you think? Have you tried Stila eyeshadows? Which swatch do you like the most?

Until next time,
Luna.


No comments:

Post a Comment