Thursday 30 July 2015

Spur of the moment drugstore haul!

Hello everybody!
As today was my day off I decided to treat myself to a sushi lunch and then walk over to the (shoppers) drugstore that's near my house. I didn't go in with anything particular to buy but I ended up picking up a few things I thought I would share. 
They had a bunch of those gift packages with different things in them. They're always cheaper to buy the whole package than the individual products on their own... I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to these things! Inside is a skintimate shaving cream, schick extreme 3 razors and a soft lips cube. 
I noticed there were some new lip products that I was interested in as well! First up on the left is a new baby lips product. They're now doing "moisturizing lipgloss" with different formulations. They had jelly,cream and shimmer. I bought one of the shimmer lipglosses in '05 just a glimmer'. It's a clear gloss with a purple pearlescent glitter. 
Here's a swatch:

Next up is a new lip product that boasts you can wear it 2 ways. The Maybelline colorblur. I bought the color 45 'I'm blushing'. It's advertised as a cream matte lip pencil with smudger. If you wear it full on it's a strong matte color, or you can use the other end of the pencil which has a rubber smudger on it to blur it out and make it more soft/natural. This is what the cream pencil looks like. You actually turn the bottom and the product comes out the top. 
Here Is the other end of the product where the rubber smudger is. 
And last but not least, here are the swatches!

My thoughts so far: I think it's interesting as a new product but also you can smudge ANY lip product. Granted all lip products don't come with a 'smudger' but you can just use your finger,a Kleenex, a Qtip or your lip brush to get the desired smudge look. Next time you're round at the drugstore pop over and have a look. What do you think? Will you give the new 'color blur' lipsticks a try?

Until next time,
Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment