Saturday 1 August 2015

Reminiscing

Coby, my dog, died on June 18th this year. I wanted to write a post about him, or at least a little blurb. He was a huge part of my life and I think he deserves something put out there in the universe (/interenet? what?). Or maybe I am being selfish and I want to sit here and think of him and just type. Whatever the reason, I have my journal opened to the entry I wrote after it happened. I'm going to type a bit of what I wrote in there. Here goes.

This is the way life is and i'm sorry. There must be a reason why we cannot stay young or healthy and why we must die. Why we have to leave our loved ones. Why when we reach a certain age we cannot be operated on, we cannot be saved. A life long friend and companion gone in the blink of an eye. Finally there is no pain for him anymore but I am always struck with the same question-- is no pain really worth obliteration & non existence?
I know that he lived 17 years and I am blessed to have had him, loved him and been loved by him but death is death and how is 17 years enough?
I know that when it comes to death I don't feel hopeful about it at all. But I want too. Not for myself but for my sweet boy. I love you, Coby.

 "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as i'm living, my baby you'll be" - Robert Munsch



2 comments:

  1. He was a darling little dog who lived his life alongside his family who loved him. He was tolerant and kind to all the animals that were brought into his home, from cats to birds and parrots and rodents and reptiles. He never had a bad thing to say about them, ever. He was never sick in all his long years. He was indeed a blessing of a little soul that taught us all how to be kind and accepting. We will miss him always. Life is too short. There is no doubt. Immortality comes from memory. It is who we touch while we are here that makes the difference. He made a difference. He mattered and he loved us and we loved him. That is a well lived life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure why my last comment was published as kenzie but it was me, elayn,e who said those things. Lol. Not sure how I'm publishing as kenzie but this comment will likely be published as kenzie too. ANYWAY WORLD THIS IS ELAYNE. LOL

    ReplyDelete